Windows 10 Black Screen Of Death- Having heard the lamentation of many users of Windows 10 who believe the Windows 10 Black Screen of Death is worse than the “Blue Screen of Death Windows 7”. This is because the Windows 10 Black Screen of Death doesn’t even inform you about what’s wrong with your computer. This issue is attributed to Black screens during installations, updates, or at complete random as faced by many users. Sometimes, the screen appears blank and other times it may have a mouse and keyboard but no desktop environment. Therefore this article is centered on providing Quick Fix to Windows 10 Black Screen of Death.
QUICK FIX TO WINDOWS 10 BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH [SOLVED!]
Now that you are aware of the Windows 10 Black Screen of Death which displays a black screen and with no error message, we have researched and provided some possible solutions and ways to identify and resolve the issue.
Windows 10 Black Screen of Death after Signing into Windows 10 PC with No Display
- Press the key combinations of Ctrl+ Alt+ Del keys to open the "Task Manager." Once the Task manager is up, select "File" > "Run new task," and type explorer.exe and press Enter. Check whether this strategy fixes your problem.
- Remove every external device and restart your computer. At times, peripherals are devices attached to the system can cause the issue. Ensure you do not use the problematic device again.
- Boot your PC to the Safe Mode. Press the combination of Windows + C keys and select "Settings" > "Change PC settings" > "Update and recovery" > "Windows Update".
- Select "View details" and "Check for updates". Under "options", select "install updates".
Windows 10 Black Screen of Death without Being Able to Sign in
You can't boot or sign into your PC as a result of black screen issues in Windows 10, more often than not, it could be a driver issue the projection could be consequently set to another gadget, for example, the second screen or a TV.
For this situation, you will require a Windows 10 installation media. On a working PC, download and copy the Installation media to USB or DVD. Interface the media to problem PC, turn it off and boot utilizing the installation media.
How to fix Windows 10 Black Screen Of Death 2020
- Select "Fix This Computer."
- You will see a "Select an option" which displays on the screen with alternatives to keep on windows 10, shut down the PC and Troubleshoot PC.
- Click "troubleshoot computer" and select the "Advanced Options" afterward choose the "Startup Settings" and hit "Restart."
- After your PC reboots, you will get a few options.
- Click on F5 or scroll to the Safe Mode with Networking and click Enter to enter Safe Mode.
- Afterward, you may check the Default Display, uninstall the device driver for Display and Auto-introduce or disconnect devices causing the issue.
Boot your PC in Safe Mode to recognize and resolve the dark screen issue
Possibly you discover the issue isn't with external devices then there could be other reasons. You can try to boot your PC in Safe mode and check if the problem gets settled. To boot your PC in Safe mode, you can pursue the means given beneath.
- Boot your PC
- When the screen for sign in is displayed, at that point hold down the Shift key and click the Power button situated at base right and select Restart
- After you get the propelled startup menu, click "Troubleshoot."
- Select Advance alternatives
- Choose Startup settings
- Select Restart catch
- Press the number 4. This will begin Windows 10 in Safe Mode.
Fixing Black Screens during Windows Out-of-Box-Experience
The Windows Out-of-Box-Experience (OOBE) is a weird transitionary phase where things happen, but things aren’t all there yet.
This can be caused due to when video output is being routed to another display adapter or different video output (i.e., HDMI-to-DVI or Display Port-to-VGA). Sometimes, it could be that the display configuration that was previously on your Windows installation doesn’t carry over properly to Windows 10. Also, when a Video output is sent to the wrong display, or you have multiple displays connected.
Therefore, if you the Windows 10 Black Screen of Death displays during the OOBE, below are a few things you can do.
It is possible to physically disconnect the video cable from one adapter or output and try fixing it in another.
Windows 10 Black Screen Of Death
- If you have a new screen, you should try connecting to it instead.
- Perhaps you usually connect with a discrete graphics card, yet your PC has an installed graphics adapter, change to it. You can generally refresh the driver after setup is finished for your separate card through Windows Update or the producer's site.
- If you are using a TV, check to ensure it is turned on and set to the contribution for the PC; video output might go the TV.
Note: you can try projecting output to another monitor or screen by pressing the key combination of Windows key + P then choosing the appropriate option.
Create a Windows 10 Bootable Media
You can attempt to fix your PC by making a Windows 10 Bootable media (e.g., USB or DVD) use Media Creation Tool. Use some other PC associated with the Internet for making a Bootable media. When you're prepared with Bootable Media, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or insert a USB drive and after that boot the PC.
- Press a key when the alert "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD" shows up.
If Your PC does not identify the media automatically
- During the restart procedure, read the screen for any directions that disclose how to intrude normal startup and enter the essential info/output system (BIOS) setup utility. On most PCs, F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to start the BIOS Setup.
- Check from the BIOS Setup Utility named "Boot Order," Boot Options, or Boot. Following the headings on the screen, use the arrow keys to navigate to the Boot Order, and press Enter afterward.
- From the Boot list, locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive. Following the headings on the screen, use the arrow keys to navigate to the drive up with the aim that it appears first in the Boot list, then press Enter. The boot request arrangement is presently changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB blaze drive.
- Click on F10 to save the changes made and to leave the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the affirmation window. The PC will restart. Enable the PC to restart regularly. The output will take a couple of minutes and remove any malware that might taint your PC.
- Select a language, time, currency, keyboard or another input device, and after that click Next.
- Click on "Repair your PC."
- Click the operating system that you need to fix, and after that click Next.
- Here you select the “Troubleshoot” on the Choose an option screen. Select "Advanced Options" and then "Startup Repair."
- If it doesn't fix the issue at that point go to Command Prompt under Advanced Options.
- Type Bootrec/RebuildBcd, and after that press Enter. This direction will revamp Boot Configuration information by scanning all disk for installation. Doing this will fix any harm to boot segment, which requires booting into a PC.
- System Restore
You can likewise tackle the Windows 10 Black Screen of Death with System Restore option under Advanced Options and adhere to with onscreen guidance to restore your PC to the to how it used to be. If the issue persists, at that point select Reset this PC with Keep my documents alternative. While performing reset guarantee to select to Keep my files. It will do the following:
- It will re-install Windows 10 and keeps your files and documents.
- It will remove applications and drivers already installed.
- It will remove changes you already made to settings.
- It will remove any applications your PC producer installed. (If your PC accompanied Windows 10, applications from your PC maker would be reinstalled.)
Conclusion on Quick Fix To Windows 10 Black Screen Of Death [Solved!]
Hope after reading through this article; you will find it helpful to help you restore your computer to full functionality and help correct any and every error causing it to experience the Windows 10 Black Screen of death. Choose any of the options applicable to you above and restore your system to life.
Tag: Windows 10 Black Screen Of Death