If you are reading this article on How To set up a Website, it only means one thing, you are about to setup your own website. The only problem is you don’t know or have insufficient knowledge of How to Design a Website. You need not search further because you are in the right place reading the right content that will guide you through the process from beginning to the end. Ensure you skip not a line in of this piece of informative writing to gather the knowledge you need to setup your website.
HOW TO SET UP A WEBSITE SELF GUIDE APPROACH
Truth is setting up a website is getting easier with more and more people owning their own website, some of them have zero or minimal IT skills. This is because there are website building platforms that has made the job easier. As such, we can confidently say that you can build and design a website without knowing anything about web development, design, or coding. Be it for yourself or for your business, you can easily create a website using the right tools and resources. Before we go further in our discussion on How to set up a Website, we will quickly give you this important tidbit.
Actually, there are several ways you can setup a website but, in these articles, we will show you the most popular ways to start a website. There are 3 ways which you can set up a website
- Using a website builder
- Using website using a content management system
- Program a Website (Yourself or Hire Someone)
- #1. Setup a Website using a Website Builder
Designing a website using a website builder is the first and simplest method of How to Build a Website. Website Builder is an is an encompassing website designing tool that usually equipped with website building templates (design), editor, hosting, domain name, email address and support to help users easily and quickly design and build their website. You do not have to write any code or do anything tedious as the builder do the hard part.
Setting up your website using a website builder is an easy way out as the website builders let you create a free basic website on a subdomain (e.g. yourname.sitebuildername.com), which is ad-supported. More so, you will be able to try out the website you just created to see if it meets your preference before deciding to pay for it.
Upside of Website Builder
- Easy to use.
- No need of extra software.
- Can be used without technical knowledge.
- The website builder handles updates and security aspects.
- Comes with existing design templates that you can adapt as you like
Downside of Website Builder
- May not support extra features (depending on the website builder).
- Seldom not flexible since you’re dependent on the provider.
- Cannot handle very complicated projects
- #2. Create a Website with a Content Management System
Still on How to Design a Website, the next method you can use to setup a website is through Content management systems (CMS). Setting up y How to Design a Website our website using this step means you want to get your hands a little dirty because it is a bit complicated than the above step although it works in a similar way to a website builder, still it is not simple to use like web builders.
Interestingly, it is not difficult to set up, however, Content management system however limits users to work with the available templates only; also, you can install a template easily and adjust it with the design options. Should in case there is any feature that you don’t like, you can modify the CSS or HTML.
Upside of Content Management System
- Select the hosting company.
- Excellent option for multi-language websites.
- Allow you to access the whole source code.
- Have access to tons of features with plugins.
Downside of Content Management System
- Does not provide personal technical support.
- Design is dependent on the template.
- May incur additional costs for the plugins.
- May need the services of a programmer for technical performance
- #3. Program a Website (Yourself or Hire Someone)
Still on How to Design a Website, we have come to the final and third method you can use to setup your website and that is to program a website be it for personal use or business purpose. You can do this by yourself if you have programming knowledge or better still, you can hire an expert to do it for you.
Carrying out this method requires you to open the editor and starting to code offering you total liberty to design the website from scratch and make the page yourself. However, this method takes longer time than the previous two as such, you need a lot of patience to complete this step.
Upside of Programming a Website
- Endless features and designs which mostly is according to your preference
- Inexpensive hosting
- Very flexible.
Downside of Programming a Website
- Support not available.
- Requires a lot of time.
There are other things you need to consider aside from the 3 steps outlined and discuss above, they are:
- Domain name (your custom web address, www.YourSite.com)
- Website hosting (service that hosts your website)
- WordPress (free, commonly used website platform)
- #1. Domain name
Obtaining a Domain Name is another important thing you need to bear in mind as you continue to learn How to set up a Website. This is essential in order to build a website. Domain name is your custom website name and address which visitors can use to find your website through their web browser.
- #2. Website Hosting
Next step after you have a domain name is to have a web host service that hosts your website and stores your website content (files) on a secure server that runs 24/7. Website hosting is also an essential ingredient when setting up a website because without a website host, your website will be inaccessible for others to browse and read the content. Before choosing a website host, make sure it has a free domain name with SSL; One click installs for WordPress; custom email account; unlimited or unmetered bandwidth; and customer support. Whichever web hosting service you will choose, make sure it has all these features
- #3. WordPress
As we continue to unveil How to set up a Website, the next step once you have completed the two solutions above, the thing you need to do is choose and install a website building platform. We will recommend WordPress, a free commonly used website platform that is the best among all because it’s easy to use and equipped with thousands of free designs and add-ons that make your website looks unique.
Okay, so having had a vivid knowledge on what it takes to setup a website, we also include some few tips for planning your website. This is a cardinal way of envisaging how what you want and how your website should be, because planning aforetime will help you decide what sections you need, the content that best suit you and how your website should be designed.
Below are some important steps you need to take to heart before you begin the escapade of setting up your website.
- Pen down everything you want on your website.
- You can check out existing websites for ideas such as design and content.
- Once your draft is ready, ask for people’s opinion especially web design professionals if you know one.
- Create a list of all the pages that your website contains including their title, type of contents, keywords, the kind of page and their importance among other important details you think should be included.
Conclusion on How To set up a Website
We have come to the conclusion on our discussion on How to set up a Website. Prior to now you have been wondering How to Design a Website and thinking it is very difficult to setup but with this I believe you have learnt that the process is not as tedious as you think. You can follow the steps in this article to t he latter and be sure to get your website setup in no minute. Let us know what you think by giving us a feedback on how helpful this article is.
Tag: How To set up a Website