The official Dailymotion channel was removed from the Roku Channel Store about a year ago for unknown reasons. However, a private Dailymotion channel showed up after a few days of the removal, but it’s also no longer operational on Roku devices. In this article, I will share with you how to watch Dailymotion on Roku Tv again.
Have you been trying to get Dailymotion on Roku? Have you been finding it hard to stream Dailymotion videos on Roku? Then you are reading the right article. Read till the end to understand all you need to know about getting back and enjoying Dailymotion on Roku Tv.
Why you need to have Dailymotion on your Roku
As a Roku user and want to enjoy your daily dose of videos, songs, and other multimedia at Roku. The best thing about Dailymotion is that it allows you to watch the videos for free without needing any subscriptions at all.
Can You Watch Dailymotion on Roku?
YES, You can!
To watch Dailymotion on Roku, All you need to do is Plugin your Roku to your device go to the Roku settings menu option and Enable the Screen mirroring. Then Open the Chrome browser, Login to the Dailymotion account, and Cast. In a few seconds, the desktop should get mirrored to your TV.
Check below for more Details archive this on both Mac and Widows Pc including Your Phone.
What is Roku?
Roku is a media platform that allows for streaming video and audio content. They are a more convenient and cost-effective way to watch TV. When plugged into your TV and connected to the internet, they are ready to be used to stream favorite video content, what have you.
What is Dailymotion?
Dailymotion is a video-sharing platform, just like YouTube, that allows users to upload videos and watch videos uploaded on the platform around the globe. No doubt Dailymotion is the fastest growing YouTube competitor With thousands of videos being uploaded and watched every single day, Dailymotion is growing with every sunrise.
These Contents are either from independent content creators or premium partners. If you are a Roku user, and you’re not using Dailymotion, you’re missing out. It would give you access to recent music videos and other multimedia channels. The exciting news is, Dailymotion is access-fee free; meaning, you have access to whatever video content of your choice without any subscription whatsoever.
Come to think of it, why should Dailymotion be used on Roku and not other platforms? It is because Roku devices are simple to set-up, install, and use. A simple remote system accompanies them with exciting features like a Search engine for discovering any content of your choice effortlessly. Roku also grants access to over 4000 channels without any payment, of which Dailymotion is included.
How to watch Dailymotion on Roku
Roku blocks users from sideloading third-party channels on their devices, unlike Android TV and Fire TV media streaming platforms. Unfortunately, there are zero alternative channels that you can use on your Roku device to access Dailymotion videos. For these reasons, there has been a handful of workarounds to this particular issue, and we have decided to list the most straightforward solutions below. You can follow them to stream Dailymotion videos on your Roku device. These solutions are relatively easy to implement as it entails a few easy-to-follow steps.
For PC Users, You have to make sure that screen mirroring is enabled on your Roku device. Otherwise, this workaround won’t work for you.
How to get Dailymotion on Roku through Your Phone
- First, launch the Firefox Browser on your Android device.
- Tap the search bar below the screen and go to dailymotion.com.
- Now search for a video that you want to play and tap it to start streaming.
- After that, tap the Cast icon in the player and select your Roku device name from the list.
- If the process above doesn’t work for you, launch the Firefox channel on your Roku device and try again.
How to get Dailymotion on Roku tv through Windows Pc
- First, we will have to make sure that screen mirroring is enabled on your Roku device.
- Go to the Settings menu from the Roku home screen.
- Now go to System and click screen mirroring on the following page.
- Check if the screen mirroring mode is set to Prompt or Always allow.
- Once you confirm that screen mirroring is enabled on your Roku.
- Ensure that your PC or laptop is connected to the same home network (wifi) as the Roku Tv device.
- Then open the Google Chrome browser on your computer. If you don’t have it installed, visit google.com/chrome to download and install it on your computer.
- Now go to dailymotion.com and log in with your Dailymotion account if you have one.
- Click the overflow (⋮) icon on the right end of the navigation bar, and select the Cast option from the action menu.
- Now click Sources in the Cast menu and select the Cast Desktop.
- After that, click the name of your Roku device in the Cast menu.
- In a few seconds, the desktop should get mirrored to your TV.
- You can now playback any video content you want from Dailymotion on Chrome and watch it on your big screen via Roku tv.
How to get Dailymotion on Roku tv with Mac
- Plugin your Roku to your Smart TV and power on it.
- Connect your Windows laptop and Roku to the same WiFi network.
- Now Go to the Roku settings menu option and Enable the Screen mirroring option.
- Open the Chrome browser on your Mac or Windows laptop.
- Click on the URL bar and type the Dailymotion URL https://www.dailymotion.com/.
- Login to Dailymotion and over on the Cast option.
- Now right click on the Dailymotion web page and click on the Cast option.
- Click on the Dailymotion tab and select your Roku TV to cast.
Note: If the solution above does not work for your Mac, You can use AirServer to cast from Mac to Roku.
How do I set up my Roku Device?
This has been a challenge to some of the users of this platform. The good news is, It’s very easy to set-up! Just follow the following step;
- Power up your Roku device
- Connect the Roku device to the internet
Roku grants free access to all contents on its platform. However, you need internet access to stream content as the contents are not offline.
- Create a Roku account and activate your device
To gain access to these free, unlimited, ready-to-stream contents, you need a Roku account to activate your device and access entertainment. There are no monthly subscription or charge. However, adding a payment method lets you easily rent/buy movies or subscribe to exclusive services.
- Then you can enjoy all the fantastic packages in Roku.
Conclusion how to get Dailymotion on Roku tv
In this article, we have discussed workarounds that you can follow to get Dailymotion on Roku. In case you encounter errors when trying to cast or mirror Dailymotion videos on Roku from your Android or Windows device, make sure that your devices are in the nearest proximity to your Wi-Fi router. Do enjoy these workarounds, and let us hear your view in the comment section.