Business On The Daily Rent– The correspondent of “Komsomolskaya Pravda” got into the secrets of daily rental apartments – one of the most profitable types of business for the self-employed
After the World Cup, the country was seized with a daily rental boom. Many of those who rented apartments for a long time and believed that the longer – the better, they suddenly changed their mind and began to compete with hotels. What attracts in a night?
BUSINESS ON THE DAILY RENT OF APARTMENTS
- How much can you earn on daily rental apartments
The main thing, of course, is income.
– Suppose, in Moscow, in the Garden Ring, a modest odnushku can pass for a long time for 45 thousand rubles. per month, – says the owner of several metropolitan apartments Paul. – And at the daily rate of 2500 rubles, taking into account downtime and the cost of cleaning and washing, an average of 60 thousand per month will be released. That is, in Moscow a day is obtained somewhere in the 30 – 35% more profitable than the long-term surrender. And I recently learned what is being done in Vladivostok – you just gasp! In areas comparable to the capital’s Garden Ring (these are the environs of the port and railway station, Sportivnaya Gavan), decent odnushki, which in a long-term lease surrender a maximum of 25 thousand per month, go for 3 thousand per day, with a whistle! I looked at the calendar of the settlement of one such apartment (the international tourist portal airbnb.com provides such an opportunity) – May is almost all booked! This is at least 80 thousand obtained in a month. So consider the benefit: compared to the daily rent of apartments – more than 200 percent from the top! Apartments are more modest, those that surrender for 15 thousand per month, leave 1700 – 2000 rubles per day. The profit is about the same …
And before the World Cup, when the broad masses of apartment owners didn’t suspect such opportunities, they were even higher!
- Risks in the daily rental apartments
– Oh well! I will rent my apartment for rent – they will surround me with it, they will leave some wallpaper or they will do it in such a way that they will ruin the cleaning company, – my colleague Andrey frowned when I advised him to try his hand at the new-fangled business.
At first glance, anxiety is justified. But in practice, it’s not so scary. I myself was convinced of this. Even during the football world championship, I knocked out my neighbor to rent an apartment to the fans through the Airbnb portal. And there is a system of reviews: guests write about the apartment and set ratings-stars – from 1 to 5, and the owners cut the truth about the guests: they write that they are dirty – the other owners will be careful not to settle, and the person will have to go to the hotel, and the prices there are several times higher than in apartments. My neighbor and I were just amazed at the cleanliness of the apartment left by the fans – Brazilians, Argentines, Mexicans, Germans, and ours didn’t blunder either.
Another method of influencing guests is a deposit, which is not returned in case of damage to property. Also valid. But reduces attendance. Such mistrust offends many respectable tourists.
There are also so-called blacklists, where passport data and phone numbers of unscrupulous guests are entered, but, in my opinion, this measure, although it helps to release a host of couples, will not bring practical benefits. There are dozens of lists, anybody makes them in social networks and mobile groups, and it’s unreal to track whether your guest has appeared in one of them.
And if we are not talking about damage, but about the natural wear and tear of the apartment, then the day wins.
“When you take a long time, the lodgers don’t want to see you, they don’t report any minor problems, cranes, wiring, they don’t wash the stove, after a year there’s a layer of fat a centimeter on it,” says a neighbor who switched from my feed to a day. – And in a short-term lease you should see everything at least once a week so that nothing drips or sparks, your wife has washed the same stove once or twice, or guests will write a bad review. Solid pluses.
- Is it not banned?
Recently, the president signed a law banning the placement of hostels in residential premises. He will begin to act from October 1, 2019. Lawyers argue whether he has affected apartments that are surrendering for several days or not. There is no unequivocal answer – in any case, if hostels are named directly, then the document does not specifically speak about apartments.
Five steps to daily income from an apartment
You have an apartment and you decide to rent it out for a short time – what should you do?
- First of all, determine if your area is suitable. Look at the sites, whether they rent housing and how much. It does not have to be the center. Railway stations, exhibition complexes, universities, business centers, enterprises, large markets, hospitals – these are the points of attraction for potential guests.
- Bring an apartment in order. The painful point is the bathroom: it should sparkle. On the shelves lay out the gels, shampoos. Liquid soap is preferable to lumpy: hygienic and more economical – splurge on discarded remnants. Do not forget about cotton pads and chopsticks – ladies will thank you.
The bed is the second pain point. At one of the forums, the subcontractors saw the question: “Colleagues! Than to cover the springs which have got out of a mattress? Comfortable bed or not – guests to this are very kind.
- Take a good photo. See short-term rental sites: there is a sight for eyes, not apartments. The art of presentation in this segment is superior to photos of hotel rooms. So match. No scattered clothes on the chairs, lying around bags. Everything in the frame should speak about comfort and make you want to book your accommodation as soon as possible. Gently rolled towels, flowers, tea, glasses – all this looks good in the pictures. There is even a specialization among photographers – shooting for daily rent. From 2 to 5 thousand rubles. Yes, and do not be limited to only one photo of apartments. And the view from the window? He is also very important. And the neighborhood – where you can walk: embankments, interesting buildings, playgrounds.
- Think over the ad text. Indicate what is close by a train station, airport, public transport, metro stations, banks, cultural attractions. And, of course, cafes and restaurants – advise guests where you can taste local delicacies or just eat a tasty and inexpensive meal.
- Register as a self-employed – only 4% of the profits that you specify. And there will be a peace of mind – one hundred percent.
Another important argument – the apartment is always at hand. Relatives or friends arrived – there is always where to place them. But tenants settled for several months, so easily you will not ask for a day or two to move out.
- One three feeds
There is a whole infrastructure around the daily business. One apartment feeds at least three. First, it is the master. But not always he prepares the apartment for rent and does business with the guests. Much more often rents their homes with the right sublease. But the tenant manager (host) is already directly doing business – this is the second link.
But the difference with the retake of one apartment is not fed up, so the hosts take control of at least three apartments. And at most – hundreds. This is millions of revenues. People, sitting in some provincial Russian, Kazakhstan or Bulgarian town, manage housing in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Paris, and God knows where. And if the host manages 4 to 5 apartments, then even living in the same city, managing them is difficult. The host hires a manager who will populate the guests and tidy up the apartment – this is the third link. If you want, you can use a rag and a toilet with a bath, you want to hire a cleaner. Removing odnushku in daily rent costs in Moscow 400 – 500 rubles, in the regions – 300. These works are, as a rule, guest workers from Central Asia.
For rental apartments formed and its own repair technology. Over 300 thousand craftsmen will make such repairs that will look like a million.
- Virtual housing
And if the host has no rent money? It is necessary to lay out immediately 2 or even 3 monthly rates. There is a trick, how to make money literally out of thin air. People place ads for renting housing for a short time, they even put up photos, but in fact they don’t have any housing! They promise to pecking customers to “clarify and call back”, and they themselves urgently throw a cry through professional communities, from whom it is free. There are always several offers for any request. Customer satisfied. Commission at fake owners – 10%.
Sometimes this method is used by the hosts in order to determine where they rent an apartment for further re-transfer. They place fake ads in different areas – for which more calls have been received, they are filmed there.
Conclusion On Business on the daily rent of apartments [2020 Edition]
All you have got to know Business on the daily rent of apartments already in this content, you are free to ask any question via our comment sections, also, if you need clarification on any of the subject matter, you may as well ask our expert via email or comment section, we are always at your service.
Tag: Business On The Daily Rent