Ghana has one of the best educational systems in Africa and as such majority of its schools are compared to that of international standards. Our discussion, however, is centered on the top 20 Best Technical Schools in Ghana. Technical school is known to not just teach theoretically but expose students to practical training that will equip them and even make them self-employed after the completion of their studies.
Knowing that there are several technical schools in Ghana, we have taken to the task to provide you with some of the Best Technical School in Ghana.
Ghana as a country in Africa
Ghana is one of the West Africa Countries which houses some of the prestigious technical School. The state is considered to be among the African countries having an accessible and quality educational system; likewise, the country envisions being the leading African nation in term of education.
Ghana has a lot of professional schools ranging from Public to private and of course, there is fierce competition among them. This article reviews the Top 10 Best Technical Schools in Ghana.
Ghana is also an industrious nation where there are different industries including manufacturing and production company, and this fosters the country to create, develop and improve their schools. Below is our compiled list of the Best Technical Schools in Ghana.
LIST Of Best Technical Schools in Ghana
Most technical schools in Ghana are well equipped with facilities and human resources that help train and prepare students for the future. Technical schools are known to combine specific-career training or programmes with general academic curricula. In a short while, we’ll discuss the Best Technical Schools in Ghana but before then, below is a highlight of the Top Ten Best Technical Schools in Ghana.
Most technical schools in Ghana are created to meet the rising need for professionals who are effectively trained in the aspect of engineering and other science fields. Without further ado, below is a highlight of the 20 Best Technical Schools in Ghana for your quick view.
Also Read: Best 10 Universities in Ghana
Which School is Best Technical School in Ghana?
Koforidua Senior High Technical School is the best technical school in Ghana. The school is located at Koforidua, the capital of Eastern Region in southern Ghana.
What is the First Technical School in Ghana?
Asuansi Technical Institute is the first technical school in Ghana and it is located at Abura Asebu Kwamankese District. Other technical schools in the region include the Cape Coast Technical Institute, Cape Coast.
Below is a glance at the Best Technical Schools in Ghana 2021.
List of Best Technical Schools In Ghana
Please note: this is just our own build-up list. Because there are over hundreds of Technical schools located all over Ghana and you can hardly tell which is the best. Below list are some of the current best technical schools in Ghana:
- Koforidua Senior High Technical School
- Joseph’s Technical School- Saboba
- Don Bosco Technical Institute-Odumase
- Brakwa Senior/Technical School
- Cape Coast Technical Institute
- Kumasi Technical Institute
- Asuansi Technical Institute
- Royal Technical College
- Keta Senior High Technical School
- Boso Senior High Technical School
- National Technical Engineering College- Accra
- Metropolitan Samonya Tech Institute- Akatsi
- Anne Vocational Institute-YiloKrobo
- Vitus Technical Institute- Sunyani
- Abutia Community Secondary/Technical School
- East Catholic Technical Institute-Kumasi
- Metropolitan Adventist Secondary/Technical School- Techiman
- Samonya Technical Institute-Akatsi
- Oguaa Senior High Technical School
- Zamse Senior High Technical School
Top 10 Best Technical School In Ghana
Below is are the Best Technical Schools in Ghana 2021. Read along as we unveil to you a brief detail about each school and why they are unique and the best in Ghana.
1. Koforidua Senior High Technical School
- Location: Koforidua, Ghana
Koforidua Senior High Technical School is an elite school in Ghana whose reputation is known across the country. The school was established in 1967 and has grown to be a top player among technical schools in Ghana. The school is rated among the Class A institutions in Ghana and in the year 2011 it set an unmatched record in Ghana in the year 2011 as the school has the highest number of passes in the Western African Senior High school council examination (WASHSCE) with over two hundred students from the school scoring A+ in all the eight studies conducted.
Also, the school mainly focuses on science and technical courses which usually involve Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Information Technology. On the other hand, technical courses taught in the school include technical drawing, Building Construction, Metal-works, Applied Electricity, Woodworks, and Auto mechanics.
2. St. Joseph’s Technical School
- Location: Kwahu Tafo, Ghana
Next on our list is St. Joseph’s Technical School is undoubtedly among the top Secondary/Technical schools in Ghana. The school is rated among the Best Technical Schools in Ghana in 2021 because just like Koforidua Senior High School, it also enjoys high passes in the WAEC examination.
However, the school is a public school which means it is government-owned meaning it enjoys enough funding to facilities including several classrooms as well as workshops, Library and Computer lab to foster effective learning. To train its students effectively, the school offers seven primary courses including Home economics, Agriculture, Core subjects, Business, Visual Arts, General Science, and General Arts.
3. Don-Bosco Technical Institute
- Location: Sunyani, BrongAhafo Region
Third on our list is Don-Bosco Technical Institute is also a government-assisted the technical school in Ghana and by far one of the Best technical Schools in Ghana. The school is a mixed school and it has both day and boarding facilities.
The school rose to stardom in 2015 when it became the best Technical Institution in Ghana that was after it participated in various national programs. The school makes use of the TVET learning system because it focuses on producing valuable and marketable graduates that will have a positive impact on the economy positively.
4. Brakwa Senior/Technical School
This is school is not as old as some that were earlier mentioned having been established in 2011. However, it has grown to become impactful in Ghana’s educational system. The school has continuously recorded a steady improvement in overall performance. The school was established as a day school but later in 2015 inculcate boarding facility into its program.
Emphasis on academic excellence and instilling discipline in the heart of the students has been the driving force of this school. Among the technical courses offered in the school are Technical drawing, Building Construction, Metal-works, Applied Electricity, Woodworks, and Auto mechanics.
5. Cape Coast Technical Institute
- Location: Cape Coast. C/R. Ghana
Cape coast is another strong technical school in Ghana that has continually met up the educational standard in Ghana. The school was awarded as the “most resourced” in the Ghanaian Central region during the 2014/2015 academic year.
Not just that, within the same academic calendar year, the school was also declared to have the best performance in the Central Region. Cape Coast Technical Institute has over the years been recording low pass rate in WAEC, yet their academic prowess in Ghana cannot be undermined and as such, they are still one of the Best Technical Schools in Ghana.
READ ALSO: TOP 10 BEST SHS IN GHANA ACCORDING TO WAEC
6. Kumasi Technical Institute
- Location: YaaAsantewaa Rd., Amakom, Kumasi. Region, Ashanti
This list will not be complete without mentioning Kumasi Technical Institute among the Best Technical Schools in Ghana. The school was established by the government of Ghana in partnership with the Canadian International Development Agency. The school aims to train and equip students with required skills and techniques which will let them contribute to the country’s economy and to also better their life.
The school has two departments which are the mechanical department and the Building department. The building department trains students in areas of block laying and Concreting, Plumbing, and Gasfitting, Welding and fabrication among others while the Mechanical department trains students in areas such as Industrial mechanics, Motor vehicles mechanics, Diesel, and Heavy Duty Mechanics, Auto body repairs, Refrigeration, and Air- Condition Mechanics.
Read Also: TOP 10 BEST UNIVERSITIES IN AFRICA
7. Asuansi Technical Institute
- Location: Cape Coast Central Region.
The Asuansi Technical Institute has been around for a very long time since 1917 been the first technical school in West Africa. The school has undergone several reforms and changes in nomenclature. The school focused on offering craft courses to its students to meet the market needed for economic development.
The courses taught in this school include Agriculture, Home Economics, Visual Art, Business, General Arts and General Science, and Core subjects. Other courses offered in the school include Training of Master Craftsmen, traditional apprenticeship training as well as people in trade Associations.
8. Royal Technical College
- Location: Accra Metropolitan, Ghana
Coming in at the eight spots is Royal Technical College, a Private technical school and one of the top professional schools in Ghana is found significant in academic performances. The school primarily aims to provide efficient training to students. As such they become qualified technicians and engineers for the future.
9. Keta Senior High technical school
- Location: Dzelukope, Keta Municipality, Volta Region
As we gradually come to the end of our discussion on the top 10 Best Technical Schools in Ghana, next on our list is Keta Senior High technical school, a reputable institution in Ghana. The school was established in 1953 but has grown to become a top-rated school in Ghana.
The school offers various range of technical courses such as Technical, visual arts, agricultural science, general sciences, business, and general arts home economics. More so, it has sufficient facilities used in training students and brings out the best in them.
10. Boso Senior High Technical School
Boso Senior High Technical School completes our discussion on the top 10 Best Technical Schools in Ghana. The school has both day and boarding facility which can accommodate large students. More so, the school is aimed at providing quality senior high school education to students to qualify to enter tertiary institutions; also, to instill in students the spirit of diligence and discipline as tools to achieve success especially through her numerous training programs.
Conclusion on the Best Technical Schools in Ghana 2021
The education system of Ghana is fast-growing just like every other sector in the country and as a third-world country, it is no surprise. Those are the top 10 Best Technical Schools in Ghana and you can do well to enroll in any that best suits you. You will also find the best technical school in the central region and in the volta region below in this article.
It is important that before you apply for any technical schools in Ghana, you should make sure to make findings and be exceptionally sure that the school is certified and well recognized by the government, and it should be operating in a curriculum that conforms to the state’s laws.
What are the Best Technical Schools in Ghana Regions?
Now, what are the best technical schools in eastern region, in greater Accra region, in central region and Best schools in western region. We have put together some lists that will identify schools in these regions.
List of Technical Schools in Ghana Regions 2021
Technical schools in Volta Region
- Keta Senior High Technical School – Keta
- Kpando Technical Institute – Kpando
- Tapaman Senior High School – Kpando – Asukawkaw road, Tapa Amanfrom
- Vakpo Secondary Technical School – Nkwanta-Kpando road
Technical schools Northern region
- Dabokpa Technical Institute – Salaga Rd, Tamale
- Dagbong State Senior High Technical School – Yendi
- Nalerigu Youth Leadership Vocational Training Centre – Nalerigu
- Savelugu Vocational School – Savelugu
- Sakogu Senior High Technical School
- St Joseph Technical Institute – Kwahu Tafo, Ghana
- Yeji Senior High Technical School – Yeji
Technical schools Upper East Region
- Bawku Technical Institute – Bawku-Zebilla Rd, Kpalwega
- Kusanaba Senior High School – Unnamed Road, Kosanaba
- Sandema Senior High Technical School – Builsa
- Zamse Senior High Technical School – Bolgatanga, Ghana
- Zuarungu Nursing & Midwifery Training College – Zuarungu
Technical schools in the Greater Accra Region
- Accra Technical Training Centre (ATCC) – Kokomlemle, Attc, Ghana
- Action Senior High & Technical School – New road, Madina
- Community Development Vocational / Technical Institute – Prampram
- Don Bosco Technical Institute – Akosombo – Tema road, Tema
- Forces Senior and High Technical School – Accra
- Kaneshie Senior High Technica School – Mount Zion St, Accra
- Kinbu Senior High Technical School – Kinbu Road, Accra, Ghana
- Manhean Senior High/Technica School – Manhean, Meridian road, Tema
Technical schools in Ashanti Region
- Adansi Technical Institute
- Kumasi Senior High Technical School – West End Hospital Bypass, Kumasi
- Krobea Asante Vocational/Technical Institute
- Nkawie Senior High Technical School
- Obuasi Senior High Technical School
- Koforidua Technical Institute – Fanteakwa, Koforidua
- Aburi Presby Snr. High Tech. School – Sec. Tech road
- Adukrom Secondary Technical School
- Adukrom Presbyterian Senior High Technical – Salem Street, Adukrom
- Adjena Senior High/Tecnical School – Asuogyaman-Atimpoku road
- Akuse Methodist Senior High And Technical – Akuse
- Suhum Secondary Technical School – Suhum
Technical schools in Western Region
- Asankrangwa Senior High Technical School – Asankragua – Enchi Rd, Nwanta
- Bompeh Senior High School – Axim road, Takoradi, Ghana
- Daboase Senior High Technical School
- Diabene Senior High School
- Esiama Senior High Technical School
- Kikam Technical Institute – Prestea
- Manso Amenfi Vocational Training Institute (Mavotrain) – Manso Amenfi
- Takoradi Vocational Training Institute