Western Union Company is founded in the United States of America making it an American financial services and communications company. Western Union is known worldwide for transferring money from one country to another. It is present in over 200 states and territories with over 550, 000 Agent locations, and 150,000 ATMs and kiosks located around the globe. The Union renders services to families that live close by and far away, all organizations ranging from small businesses and global corporations to corporations in the most remote settlements. The primary aim of Western Union is to help people and organizations transfer money to help improve their economies. In the bid to continue rendering quality service, they continue to create innovations and developing new means of sending money especially through digital, mobile, and retail channels including a various array of convenient pay-out options to meet business and consumer needs. One of these innovations is the tracking of transferred money which this article will provide all you need to know About Western Union Tracking.
Here Is The Brief Thing, You Will, Get To Know After You Are Done Reading This Piece.
- Western Union Nigeria
- Western Union Nigeria Locations
- How To Open A Western Union Account In Nigeria?
- Western Union Money Tracking
- First Bank Western Union
- Western Union Money Tracking Online
- Western Union Tracking Nigeria
- Zenith Bank Western Union
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WESTERN UNION TRACKING 2020
Western Union understands the need to deliver on time preferentially to the right person (receiver). Western Union is classed as a business-centered organization aiming at meeting the needs of our customers, and over the years, we’ve invested and innovated to provide consumers and businesses with even more as we discuss Western Union Tracking that helps you know the status of your transferred money.
Thousands of people use the Western Union service to transfer money which is synonymous to buying any other service or product. You’ll be issued a receipt upon completion of transferring money. The revenue includes a unique number which is the “Money Tracking Code Number” (MTCN). The name is a 10-digit reference code that is assigned to every single money transfer you make with Western Union.
- Western Union Money Tracking Code Number (MTCN)
Once you have complete sending the money, a receipt will be issued to you and on each arrival is a unique tracking number (MTCN), which a 10-digit number convenient to every money transfer you make with us. The essence of issuing this code is to monitor your transaction as well as to enable the money transferred to be received by the right person.
- How to make use of the Western Union MTCN
The sender will have to tell the receiver the tracking number (MTCN), so they can present it and pick up their money at any of the many agent locations. Also, the receiver will need to provide a valid ID along with the MTCN to prove that they are the legitimate receiver of the money.
The MTCN will be generated regardless of the medium of Western Union service you’re using to transfer money. If you’re sending money online to a bank account abroad or from any of the local agent locations to move money to your family and friends, it’s expedient to keep your tracking number (MTCN) safely.
You can also use the MTCN to check the status of your money transfer to whether the money has been paid or not.
Note: The MTCN is not to be disclosed or any other details of your transaction, to a third party or another person other than your intended receiver.
How to Track Transfer Money Using Western Union In Africa/ Nigeria
It is possible to track and keep tabs on the funds you transferred. I know you are wondering how to track your transferred money and make sure the right receiver receive the money. Don’t sweat any further; you can track your money by following the step below:
- Visit the western union website (wu.com)
- Open the Western Union tracking order page
- Click on track transfer
- Enter the MTCN of your transaction (check your receipt)
- Enter the receiver’s name
After you are done with all the steps above, you will be able to track your transferred funds.
- How to Receive Money On Western Union
To pick up money that is transferred to you, walk up to any participating Agent location in the city selected by the Sender.
- Visit an Agent Location
- you can make use of the Online Agent locator to scout for the agents closer to youYou can use the online Agent locator to find an agent near you.
- Fill and Complete the To Receive Money Form at the Agent Location
- Fill the form using capital letters.
- Sender’s name
- From where money was sent from
- Test question and answer (if applicable)
- Provide MTCN (if required)
- Present a valid ID and Form to the Agent Clerk
- Your completed form
- Your government-issued ID (where appropriate)
- Receive the Money
- The Agent clerk will check your ID
- Sign the receipt
- Collect your money
Aside from visiting the bank or an agent, there is a provision to receive money with your mobile phone. With the mobile money transfer service, you can also earn money on your mobile phone. To be able to accept cash on your mobile phone, it depends on the services offered by your mobile service provider. This service is well embraced by many of its customers who receive their money instantly.
- The mobile money transfer makes it convenient, fast and easy for both the receiver and the sender. All that is needed is a mobile wallet with a participating mobile service provider in your country.
- The sender should choose the ‘receiver’s mobile wallet’ as the payout option and make sure to have the correct mobile number with the country code of the receiver. As soon as the money transferred, the receiver will get a text message after the money is added to your wallet.
Note: bear in mind that third-party charges can be applied depends on your mobile network service provider.
The transferred funds will be paid to the receiver’s mobile wallet account provider for credit to the account tied to your receiver’s mobile number. The following banks are partners with Western Union where you can transfer and receive money from.
- Ecobank Nigeria PLC (not all locations)
- First Bank of Nigeria PLC (all sites)
- Guarantee Trust Bank (not all locations)
- Intercontinental Bank PLC (not all areas)
- Oceanic Bank International (not all locations)
- Standard Trust Bank (all places)
- Wema Bank (all locations)
- Zenith International Bank (all sites)
- Sending from Nigeria Using Western Union
Western Union is present in different countries including Nigeria. To assign or transfer money, you need to visit a bank, use the internet (westernunion.com) or visit any participating agent to transfer money. Sending cash is allowed only within the country.
Conclusion on All You Need to Know About Western Union Tracking 2020
That is it About Western Union Tracking. Without a second thought, Western Union is one if not the best organization that help transfer and move money around the world delivering to family, friends, business partners, and associates. Since the inception of Western Union it has been a great help and as well saves time when it comes to transferring of money across different countries. With the aim of improving quality service delivery, the MTCN was introduced, it has made it easy to track and know the status of the money transferred which enable you to know whether the payment is received by the right person. So, when next you want to send money abroad, don’t hesitate to use the Western Union service.
Tag: All You Need to Know About Western Union Tracking 2020