OWWA Scholarship Application Form 2019 , In this Article lets talk about OWWA Scholarship Application Form 2019, The Philippine government runs a scholarship program called the OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration) Scholarship to help dependents of Filipino workers abroad with their financial needs (OFWs). The scholarship pays for undergraduate studies’ tuition, extracurricular costs, and other educational expenses. Children of OFWs who are active OWWA members and who satisfy specific academic and financial standards are eligible for the program.
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), a Philippine government department, founded the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), which is responsible for the OWWA Scholarship Program. The purpose of the program is to help dependents of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who want to pursue higher education financially. The scholarship program’s goal is to assist OFWs and their families in raising their social and economic position by giving them access to educational opportunities. In addition to recognizing the sacrifices made by OFWs for their families and country, the program was developed to assist the children of OFWs while they pursue their education in order to give them a better future.
OWWA Scholarship Application Form 2019
Objective for OWWA Scholarship
The major goal of the OWWA Scholarship program is to give dependents of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) financial support so they can pursue higher education. By giving them access to educational possibilities, the scholarship strives to assist OFWs and their families in raising their social and economic standing. The initiative also seeks to
- Recognize the sacrifices made by OFWs for their family and the nation.
- Assist dependents of OFWs in finishing their undergraduate degrees.
- Give dependents of OFWs the training and education they need to find better jobs in the future.
- Encourage the dependents of OFWs to work in fields that will benefit the nation, particularly those that are in great demand.
The OWWA scholarship program helps OFW families have a better future by offering financial aid for higher education. It also works to raise the socioeconomic standing of OFWs and their families.
Requirement for Scholarship
Welfare Administration (OWWA) offers a scholarship program (OFWs). The following are the prerequisites for the scholarship program:
- The candidate must be a legitimate dependent of an OWWA-OFW active member.
- The applicant’s grade point average from the most recent academic year must be at least 85%.
- The candidate cannot currently hold any other scholarship awards.
- The candidate must succeed on the OWWA qualifying exam.
- When submitting an application, a person cannot be older than 21.
- The candidate must enrol in a degree program at any public university or college or at any private higher education facility that has been granted Commission on Higher Education accreditation (CHED).
- In addition, the candidate must submit the necessary paperwork, including the application form, a 2×2 ID photo, a birth certificate, and a transcript of grades.
It’s crucial to remember that these specifications could change in the future; for the most recent information, please visit the OWWA website.